Blog Archive

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Indecisons, indecisions.

I am in the process of getting a new guitar, but I am having a very hard time making up my mind. The best guitar that I've played so far was a Fender ESD-10. Yes, an acoustic Fender. But I had to weigh all the options and look at a million other guitars. But finally I went back to the store thinking, "Okay, if it sounds as good as I remember, then I'll get the Fender." Unfortunately, it didn't. The last time I played it, it seemed like the perfect instrument. Everything I played sounded amazing, all my mistakes sounded intentional. Late finger changes sounded like I meant to be hammering on or pulling off.

But today it just sounded so-so. It wasn't loud enough, especially in the base. The action was still excellently fast, but the strings felt too close together.

I'm tempted to get an Ovation, because they were created by an aerospace engineer who used to design composite rotor blades for Sikorsky helicopters.

But really, I just don't know.

I was feeling down from my lack of decisiveness and initiative. But then Hilary made me go to the gym. I swam. I feel much better. Plus, it looks like I can get a $50 reimbursement from my health insurance every six months if I go often enough, which I intend to.

No comments: