Blog Archive

Friday, June 15, 2007

Commencement Pictures

I had a great time at Commencement, by the way! Perhaps the craziest story is that Tanja and I went to a 3am champagne and waffle breakfast!

Tanja met Danny DeVito *and* Dustin Hoffman at Campus Dance on Friday Night.
But Tanja also found me, so I'm famous by proxy!
Miki, Alice, Dave and Aili at Campus dance! Campus dance is the formal dance the Friday night of Commencement. About 20,000 student, parents and alumni show up.
Brown Commencement/Reunion way outdoes any other school! Yay! In this picture, Miki and I dance!
Saturday Evening. Remember Waterfire? It's as fun an creepy as ever! Providence is so awesome. I miss it.
There weren't any good parties going on (at least not until 3am), so we threw our own dance party on the Andrews terrace. The music was coming from Tanja's little iPod speakers, which you couldn't hear from more than 10 feet away, so people thought we were crazy weirdos dancing to music in our heads! But the great thing about Brown is that no one minds that sort of thing.
Interpretive dancing at our dance party.
Phil was the fabulous organizer of the 3am champagne and waffle breakfast. He's crazy, but definitely made my night. Apparently he works in the Harvard Medical library building where Aili works, and only dresses slightly less crazy at work.
They have this absurd machine outside the V-Dub which has frozen pizzas, burgers and chicken sandwiches inside. When you put money in it microwaves the food and hot disgusting snacks come out the bottom! Eww!
The have a new sculpture on the Upper Green which is this giant flowing house-like structure, made of lots of branches, wrapped around a lot of trees. You can walk inside it.
Sunday was Commencement, and I played with the band for the first time in 6 years. I've been practicing the flute a lot just for this, so I think I actually did okay. Matt (the band director) said I should come back more often which meant a lot to me. That was really nice of him.
Tanja and I ran into Bruno while we were watching an a capella arch sing. He's still fuzzy! But now they have Bruno's little brother, "Cubby". Cubby wears his hat backwards and is a disgrace to tradition. Tanja and I refused to let Cubby be in the picture.
After Commencement on Sunday we were all tired! Hilary and I relaxed on the Pembroke grass.

No comments: